After being separated from my Juki for two weeks, I finally got it back from it's tuneup! So I immediately wanted to quilt something. I got backing all pieced together for one of my Christmas gift quilts, but when I was laying it out to baste, not only was I out of 505 Basting Spray (the greatest product ever! For real) I was also two inches short on my batting! Arg.
Luckily, I had this one all basted and ready to go for after I finished off my gifts. It got booted to the front of the line, and I got all my productive energy out on this one!
I definitely didn't want to go completely all out on this Boston quilt like I had the last one. Because I have a lot of holiday quilting, I didn't want to burn myself out on this one or get too sore (that FMQ is a workout!). I also just didn't think this quilt would look as good if I quilted it like the last one.
|(I know, washed out picture, but I love the texture!)|
And it brings all these blocks together really well. They were pretty similar in shades, but the blocks were all so different, I had a bit of work making my mind up about how to quilt them. I think it worked out!
Linking up with Blossom Heart Quilts for Sew Cute Tuesday!