Luckily, I had everything on hand and ready to go once I realized that this was the thing to do. The fabric was bought, washed and pressed for last summer's Kids Clothes Week, but then found it's way to the back of the drawer once I failed at time management. And the pattern is the Sally Dress by Very Shannon, another from Pattern Anthology, bought and printed ages ago.
I made the 4t size based on her chest measurement which ended up fitting her perfectly without changing anything, though it's a bit tight getting on and off. I'll just pray that she makes it through the Easter festivities without spilling anything on herself and maybe see about adding a button placket to the back to make it last a little longer.
I also went with the longer sleeve, since we've still got snow hanging around. And I added some bright yellow piping along the collar and waist. I'm pretty excited to add piping to everything, especially since I've bought all the colors on super discount at Marden's.
The neckline was a bit tough to pipe, because you have to pipe the front and back pieces separately, then line them, then sew them together at the shoulders. It worked, but the seams are a little bulky. Good thing she's got plenty of hair to distract!
Linking up with Kids Clothes Week and Crazy Mom Quilts!