So August was my turn again to lead our circle, and I wanted something a bit easier than my first (Pyramid Scheme turned out great, but was a bit more work than I realized). So while I was scanning Flickr and Instagram for ideas, I came across
. I loved it, and figured blocks of half square triangles had to be easier.
All my bee-mates sent a nine-patch of warm HSTs and cool HSTs. I waited until I got the blocks in, then made single HSTs and made strips of them to better blend the line between warm and cool. I'm hoping to get to the quilting this weekend, but I was to excited to not share an early picture of the top (and also get it in to be eligible for showing at QuiltCon 2015!).
Also in the works this week, was getting these blocks done. They're for the October round of do. Good, but I'm just a tad behind, but they're in the mail!
And that pile of yarn from last week, I finished one cowl out of it, then started on some
, realized there wasn't enough contrast to see the pattern, ripped it all back, and started these
. They're a really quick knit, especially because I cut down the ribbing quite a bit, so I'm hoping to have them done by the end of the week when the weather really gets cold.
Linking up with